Hello friends and Happy FriYAY! I hope that the week has treated you well and that today treats you even better! The weekend is upon us and that means it’s time to relax and recharge!
Anyways, I wanted to come to you today with my Phase 1 results from the 80 Day obsession program that I have been doing! I wasn’t going to share pictures until the end…but pictures speak louder than words sometimes so I’m going to share with you my before (Day 0) pictures and my end of phase 1 (day 26) pictures. I will also share my numbers with you; weight and measurements.
Before I do share my photos I just want to say that it makes me very nervous to share pictures like this. It takes me 100% out of my comfort zone but you can’t succeed if you don’t step out of your comfort zone. So please, be kind. No negativity or negative comments will be tolerated (not that I’ve ever had that but I felt the need to say that for my own piece of mind).
Continue reading “26/80 Done…Phase 1 is Done!”
Do you have a sweet tooth but you’re trying to eat healthy?? If you do then I know that you’re feeling the struggle, and it is real!
But I may have something up my sleeve (thanks to my friend Danielle!!) that can help with that. Oh and did I mention that it’s super easy too!
Honestly you can do this one of two ways….
- Peel and slice the banana
- Put a little bit of peanut butter on each slice of banana
- Place banana slices on a cookie sheet and place them in the freezer, let them sit in the freezer until the banana is frozen.
- Take them out of the freezer and enjoy
Now if you’re impatient and don’t want to freeze them, you can always just take out that step and just slice the banana and put some peanut butter on it and enjoy! This is seriously one of my favorite snacks and it’s super easy and delicious too. Oh and healthy for you too which is always a plus!
What is your favorite healthy snack?
If you have a sweet tooth, what is your go to? Mine is anything chocolate…but I really like chocolate ice cream! Leave your answers in the comments below!!
I’m sure you’ve heard this about 1,000 times but let’s just talk about it some more, shall we??
Water is something that is very important! The cells inside of your body need water to function properly. Those cells contain water and are even surrounded by water and when the body becomes dehydrated the cell membranes become less permeable, hindering the flow of hormones and nutrients into the cell. This also prevents waste products that can potentially cause damage to those cells from flowing out of the cells. When this occurs, your energy is depleted and fatigue can take over your body. That’s not all it does either!
Here’s a list of other things that water can do to help your body:
- Help with headaches
- Improve your mood
- Flush toxins out of the body
- Improve Digestion
- Promote weight loss (hey who doesn’t want help with that?!?)
- Boost your immune system
- Improve your complexion
- Prevent hangovers
- Regulate body temperature
See why water is so important???
So how much exactly is enough?? Well take your body weight, divide it by 2 and that will give you the amount of water you should be drinking in ounces. For example if you weigh 150, divide that number by 2 and you get 75; that’s how many ounces of water you need a day. Now, if you are more active then you need to drink a little bit more to compensate for the loss of water during exercise. The recommended amount of water for those who exercise daily, is 100 oz.
Now you’re probably thinking “100 oz is a lot of water!!” and I totally agree with that! But there are ways to make drinking it easier! Here’s a few…
- Use a straw: You can drink more at a faster rate if you do! It seems simple but it makes a difference I promise!
- Buy a pretty water bottle: Yes…I said to buy a pretty water bottle. When I purchased my Bubba Cup it made it so much easier for me to drink more water! It also helps that It holds about 48 oz. of water! Fill it up twice during the day and I’m just a little shy of that 100 oz. goal!!
- Add flavor to your water: I know sometimes water can be…boring! But you can always spice it up with different fruits and stuff like that! Pinterest has a lot of great ideas for flavored water!!
- Make it a game: This might sound silly at first but it helps! I make it a game with myself. I tell myself that I have to fill my Bubba Cup up one time and drink it all before lunch (which is around 11:15 sometimes 12:00 depending on the day!). Then I fill it up again and I have to finish it before I leave work. Sometimes it is definitely a lot harder than others, but it makes it easier to get my water in when I know I have a challenge!
Do you have a fun way that you make sure you get your water in each day?? If so be sure to share it in the comments below! I would love to hear them!! Happy guzzling!!