Happy Wednesday Friends!! So as I was glancing through some of the amazing blogs that I follow I came across this tag from WonderlandiansBooks and I just had to do it!! (If you click the link it will take you to the original post! Give this wonderful lady some love by commenting and reading her tag post! I know I really enjoyed it!) So I thought I would give it a shot and answer the questions as well!
1. Do you get sick while reading in a car?
I do actually! Which makes me really sad because I love reading and honestly as much as I’ve tried to enjoy audio books I just can’t stay focused! Now I can read a quick text message or something like that but to sit and read a book in a car that’s moving (especially if it’s a hilly or bumpy ride…) no way!
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hmm that’s a great question. Out of the authors that I have read so far I would say that the author that sticks out to me the most is probably say that I especially felt that Amy Gentry (particularly in her book Good As Gone). Click the link to find my review on that! In this book in particular she jumps in her story line and even though I thought this would drive me insane it didn’t! It helped to tell the story and it made me appreciate it a little more.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Okay, I’ve read both and I’ve seen the movies for both. So with that being said I would have to say Harry Potter all the way. I enjoyed every book and would (and do plan to this summer actually) read them all again. However, it took me forever to complete the Twilight saga.
Don’t get my wrong I loved the first book in the Twilight Saga, and I will forever be #TeamJacob but I will say that Breaking Dawn took me forever to get through. I just didn’t enjoy the story line anymore. It got to a point where it was just too much.
I know this shouldn’t be a deciding factor because movies are not the book but I also could not stand Kristen Stewart as Bella. I know this may not be the most popular opinion but it’s how I feel. I felt like her emotionlessness in her acting really didn’t do the movie any justice. Which is probably why I fell a certain way about the books now. I had this high expectation (shame on me) and when it didn’t live up to it, I just gave up.
I will say that I loved J.K Rowling’s writing style very much and immediately fell in love with the characters. I especially connected with Hermione. I feel like when you can connect with a character or multiple characters in a story then you are more likely to enjoy it.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I do not. I carry an over the shoulder bag. It has books (2 currently), my laptop, folders and papers for work.
5. Do you smell your books?
Yes, actually I do. Especially when they’re new. Judge me it’s fine!
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Both, doesn’t bother me either way!
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Twilight. Now that I think about it honesty. I mean….maybe that’s just me but, I really didn’t connect with it and like I said earlier I just couldn’t get through the last book and now that I think about it the poor writing is probably why.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
I would say that my favorite memory of books from my childhood would include “Is your momma a llama”, my parents told me that I used to make them read it to me all the time!
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
I believe it is The Grownup by Gillian Flynn. It’s less than 100 pages I believe.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
I believe one of the Harry Potter Books. If not it’s The Trespasser by Tana French.
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I am not a writer other than my blog. However I have considered writing before.
12. When did you get into reading?
I always loved reading but I really gained a passion for it in 7th grade after reading To Kill a Mockingbird.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
To Kill a Mockingbird, Catch 22, The Outsiders, Fahrenheit 451, The Catcher in the Rye
14. In school what was your best subject?
Science and English.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I would probably give it a second chance because I feel like that would be the universes was of telling me I need to give it a second chance.
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
Hmmm.. that’s a good question. I would say the Kite Runner but I feel like those might be more popular now that the movies are out.
17. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
Forgetting to pre-write or pre-plan and realizing the night before it’s supposed to go up that I haven’t written it and scrambling to get it done in a decent amount of time so I can go to bed.
18. What is your favorite word?
I don’t think that I have ever been asked that question before. I’m not sure I have a favorite word.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I am a nerd 100%. Maybe a little bit of a dork too!
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires all the way. Though I haven’t read any Vampire series that I really loved (yet), Vampire Diaries (the show) was my jam!
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. I don’t know what a shapeshifter is. Maybe I should though.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Werewolves. #TeamJacob (honestly the only good thing about Twilight. Unpopular opinion I know).
23. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Zombies! Honestly because I am obsessed with The Walking Dead.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I tend to gravitate towards novels with Love Triangles in them.
25. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Both! I love my romance books but sometimes action or suspense is great too!
This was so much fun to do! If you complete this please tag WonderlandiansBooks ! If you haven’t already you should check out her blog! It’s great!